Pentart Crackle Medium, Water Based, One Component
Size: 100 milliliters = 3.38 ounces
Pentart Crackle Medium is a One Component, water-based, transparent medium that gives your painted project an antique crackled effect.
How to apply:
- Paint your project with an acrylic paint. We love Pentart Acrylic paints.
- Brush Pentart Crackle Medium, One Component onto your completely dried, painted project with a soft brush. Let Crackle Medium dry completely. Do not touch your project until Crackle Medium is completely dry.
- Paint another coat of acrylic paint onto project, in a contrasting paint color, let paint thoroughly dry.
- The crackles will develop as Crackle Medium dries.
- The contrasting acrylic paint color will show through the crackles. Apply antiquing pastes, wax pastes or other aging mediums onto the crackles if desired. Metallic wax pastes are beautiful applied to crackle effects.
- The appearance and depth of crackles depend on thickness and techniques of applied acrylic paints and Crackle Medium and brush strokes in application.
- Seal your project to protect it with Pentart Varnishes.
- Tips/Ideas: Brush on your paints or sponge on and dab on paints for varied effect. You can use matte, pearl or metallic finish paints. A variety of crackle enhancing mediums can be used such as aging powders, waxes, glazes and more.
NOTE: Protect from frost.
Always thoughtfully packaged.