Papier Mache Witch Hat, 10"
Nicely made Papier Mache Witch or Witches' Hat for your creative joy. Papier mâché is paintable and can be decoupaged with papers, tissue paper, rice papers, scrapbook papers, too. We love Pentart Decoupage Varnish and Glue in Matte, Satin or Glitter finishes for our papier mâché--available at My Victorian Heart in the Pentart Collection.
This hat measures: 10.50" to 10.75" tall x 10" wide.
The base or round part is 10 measured straight across the middle". The cone part is 10.50" to almost 11" tall as each papier mache hat we have varies in height as these are handmade.
MATERIALS LIST for our decoupaged Witches' Hat:
Our papier mache hat, shown in 2nd photo, was decoupaged with the following Decoupage Queen Rice Papers:
- Black Patchwork
- Vintage Witch Minis
- Beware of Poison (the labels)
- Halloween Raven with Skull & Gate (the Raven)
- Bewitching Words (the Bat) and
- Halloween Haunted House (the witch in the rosette).
The following Pentart products were applied to our hat:
- Pentart Dekor Chalky Paint, White - base coat of hat
- Pentart Decoupage Varnish and Glue, Matte to decoupage rice paper onto hat
- Pentart Glitter Pen, color: Brass - randomly dotted on the damask designs on the Black Patchwork Rice Paper
- Pentart Wax Paste Metallic, color: Copper
- Pentart Antique Paste, color: Umbra
We aged the edges of the crepe paper rosette and rosette artwork with Ranger Ink Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut and added Antique Paste Umbra to the edges last.
We applied Pentart Wax Paste in Copper to the edge around the perimeter of the hat then aged it lightly with Antique Paste in Umbra.
We applied Pentart Wax Paste in Copper to the tip of the cone part of hat.
We aged the entire piece, randomly brushing on Antique Paste Umbra on the hat and hat edges.
Thank you for choosing us for your creative joy.